Monday, November 25, 2013

Cuddle the Music. (Value Essay)

Cuddle The Music.


Now a days, you see everyone walking around with their glitzy technology, glamorous jewelry, little puppies, name brand everything. Not a care in the world. Whatever happened to value? Can we just go out and buy a 300 dollar name brand boot, or a couple hundred dollar down payment on a new car? Does anyone remember the times when we actually value what we got. Does anyone are about those special moments with family anymore? Those long nights alone? How's that for value? Now tell me, reading this.. Is there even anything to value? Forget about the name brand stuff, and remember the times that you can cherish forever.
She's waiting there for me everyday by the door. Her cute little face staring at me, eyes matching mine. It's almost like she can sense me getting off the bus from my long day at school. I see her bright green eyes, long soft fur, and curled whiskers awaiting at my door blocking my path until I bend down to pet her. Her "purr" is simply perfection and the way she's always there for me and knows something's wrong is imaginable. Almost like she can read me. My cat Minnie is seriously my best friend. She may just be a cat to everyone else but to me she is so much more. She's that shoulder to cry on when I need her, she's my pillow to rest my head on when I'm down, she's my friend when I need someone to play with. Whenever I'm sad, she can sense it. A soft rub up against my shin, I feel her vibrate of a purr and knows she's telling me it will be okay. I an go up I my bedroom shut my door in hopes of privacy but as soon as I sit to rest I hear scratches on my door, it's my baby waiting for me. She pounces up in my den with me and we sit there having a conversation like no other. No one else would be able to read it or understand it. Nothing gets passed across, just my hand on her back and her comfort in my heart. Reading this right now, you might think I'm crazy but you should think again. If you had no one else, but a cat who loved you more than life, where would you turn?
I feel my walls vibrate, my heart thump with the bass, colorful winds take over my mind I'm lost in the music once again. Lyrics being spewed through my headphones, blocking out any unnecessary thoughts or problems. I adjust my volume just a few beats higher, I cuddle up close to my boyfriends sweatshirt and I'm gone. All my worries, issues, problems everything's just gone, vanished like a ghost in the night. My music has won again. Never once has my music failed to make my day better, to stop my tears, and to remind that it'll be okay. I feel visuals of the words being said, the band members individually pulling me out of a crowd of billions of people because even then I still feel alone, screaming the words into my ears until I finally understand them and agree. Band members have always found a way to save my life through their music and with that I dedicate my life to them. Band posters cover my walls, CDs everywhere, band tees and tons of storage space on my phone dedicated to them. With every word that travels through their microphone and into my ears has so much emotion, these people don't even know me but understand me better than the people who do. I crave music every day and truly cannot live without it. I'm so appreciative that these band members have enough strength and willpower to share their words with me, to take my hand and pull me out of sadness everyday of my life. I honestly owe my life to music.
Both losing myself in music and owning my loving kitty are similar in ways. They both comfort me when I'm upset and need cheering up, They're both there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on. My cat allows me to vent my problems out when I need it, my music allows me to forget about them when I need it. Both objects keep me in a star of sanity and without them is probably lose it. The two objects I value are two completely different things with such similar effects on me and my personality. They even have great effects on me life and that's why I value them so much.

Besides similarities my cat and music have difference too. My cat lets me vent my problems,while my music understands them and tells me it's okay. My music reminds me not to give up and to keep holding on. My cat gives me a reason not to give up and to keep holding on. My cat is a physical thing that I can touch and love, my music is a feel. A vibe that takes over and numbs you to a point of well being again. I would NEVER be able to live without my cat though. My music either, these two things are so important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment