Thursday, October 31, 2013

Speak Final Assessment.

Speak Final Assessment:


1. A inner/outer voice discord that has occurred: Many time my sister has gotten on my nerves to a point where I want to smack her. She urkes me to the very last straw where she gets so under my skin I can't take it anymore. A lot of times I don’t really think I just do but sometimes I dont. Anyways, one time my sister got so under my skin where I just flipped and the inner voice in my head was telling me to just walk away but my outer voice was telling me to smack her. Instead of listening to the angel on my shoulder, I listened to the devil on my other side and smacked her. My mom got mad at me, and I got in trouble. Again. To go against my inner voice at first felt good because it got my sister to stop, but then once I got in trouble for hitting my sister my mom got mad and it made me depressed. Instead of hitting my sister I should have listened to my inner voice and not have hit her but I wanted to so I did. The end.


2. Once upon a lovely squiddly diddly doo time, I was walking down the street and I wanted ice cream. So my inner voice was telling me to go inside the store and get ice cream with my moms money. then my outter voice was like yeah do it, it for a really good cause because you’re hungry and the ice cream looks delicious, so I went into the store… and I bought ice cream! It was strawberry shortcake with little sprinkles on top. I got in trouble when I got home because I didn’t buy what my mom wanted me to, but I told her it was for a good cause and got the ice cream. Then I gave her a bite and her whole mood changed. It was like a klondike bar. What would YOU DO for a klondike bar? I ended up spending all the money my mom gave me on more and more and more and more ice cream. But it was okay because the ice cream made me happy and I’m glad my voices harmonized together to get this lovely treat. Knowing my action were in accordance made me not have to really think about what I was doing so instead of thinking about what I was really doing I just went ahead and bought that yummy strawberry shortcake deluxe popsicle.

3. IN the book Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Melinda’s inner and outter voice disagreed a lot. One part of the story where it really shows this, is towards the end when Andy took her inside the closet where she had made her own closet room. Melinda was about to get hurt again she had the choice to scream or not. Melindas inner voice knew she should scream for help, but her outter voice was really scared and didn't know what to do. Instead, she didn’t scream she knew she should but she didnt. She did tell him how she really felt and the whole field hockey team did come in and save her but she didn’t cream. She did the take the piece of glass and cut him with it so that could be a hormic way but in this paragraph I’m talking about disagreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment